Wow, it’s been way too long. Classes, work, etc. Throw in a very quite end to the off-season (seriously, has there been anything new anytime recently?), and there hasn’t been much to say. Luckily, other people disagree, and have things to say. Plenty of it.
- the WWL’s top 5 teams as we enter the season. That’s right. Somehow, LBJ, Mo Williams and a ragtag group of “who’s that?” players are good enough to make #5, while the Jazz aren’t mentioned. And how the defending champion Celtics aren’t #1 is beyond me. How can they fall without having a chance to prove themselves?
- The Jazz TV schedule is out, and every single game this season will be televised! That’s right… all 82 games, plus all 7 pre-season games (and obviously all the playoff games). Unfortunately, after the pre-season, only 16 games are on KJZZ. The rest are on Fox Sports, ESPN & TNT. Which means that I’ll only get to watch parts of 16 regular seaspm games this season. Fu**! Why the sudden shift to Fox Sports? I hate it. Oh well, I guess it’s good if I want to cut my addiction to sports. Stupid Jazz.
- Adrian Dantley finally got into the HOF. I don’t have much to say, since I’ve never seen him play, but based on stats, this was a long time coming. Congratulations to him!
- Amar over at All That Jazz has really dialed up the posting as of late… and there’s been some good pieces. Here’s a look at the 5 big problems with J-Slow’s coaching. It’s an amazing piece that really breaks down all the complaints I’ve had with J-Slow. Yes, I still feel that way. But, as Amar states at the end…
I think that there is room for improvement (and his staff helps out with this), and I do not know which coach I’d rather have take over my team if you gave me the choice to do so this moment.
Nails it on the head. Another piece here, looking at the 11 national TV games for the Jazz. The one question I have… he says Boston didn’t get better this off-season (agreed) but the Jazz did. My question is… how did the Jazz improve? Is Brevin Knight really all that? Oh, and another piece looking at the best PF rotations in the league. He’s just been on the ball all off-season.
- Over at Living and Dying by the Jazz, dwillfan takes a look at the Jazz line-up, and gets in plenty of digs at Booze in the process. As is expected. Numbers are thrown in as well, if that’s your interest.
- True Blue Jazz, unlike Amar, has been totally out of it. They’ve had 2 short posts since the Olympics hysteria ended… the first is Booze!, and the 2nd deals with football and was posted 15 minutes ago. Seriously. Almost as bad as I’ve been with this posting thing. Almost. Of course, my excuse is that I’ve been posting here a ton as of late.
- And finally, a link with selfish-reasoning… for all you Fantasy Basketball fans, check out Give Me The Rock. And if you’re really feeling generous, spread the word, and get their Fantasy Draft Guide (I’ll admit, that’s kinda why I’m posting fantasy basketball related stuff at a time where the fantasy football season is just starting).
The season is approaching!