The Jazz were at home last night, and they finally seemed to realize. Playing great team ball against a Raptors team that had a new coach, the Jazz ran away from the Raptors at the ESA, winning 114-87. The team finally picked up another home win against the EC. And given Denver being blown out a couple nights back and Portland last night, the Jazz moved up a bit in the Northwest, moving to a game behind Portland (2nd in the West!) and 0.5 games behind Denver (3rd in the West!)
- Welcome back AK! 7 points, 6 assists, 5 boards, 2 steals & 2 blocks… man have you been missed! And throw in a solid shooting night (3-4) to offset the subpar night from the line (1-4).
- All 5 starters got at least 10 shots… with only Brewer (4-10) & Miles (3-10) missing the 50% mark, and only Miles missing double-digits. Deron had 14 & 5 assists, and attacked the hoop early to make his presence known. Brewer had 10 points, 3 boards & 4 steals. Okur woke up again, going 9-13 from the field (2-4 from deep) for a game high 21 points. He also have 5 boards & 2 blocks. ‘Sap had another monster game, finishing with 17 & 11, along with a career-high 7 assists, and 3 blocks. That’s a solid night from the starting 5.
- Brevin got into the game before Price. In fact, Price didn’t even see the court until the 4th quarter, when J-Slo emptied his bench. Which is surprising. At least to me.
- Oh yes, welcome back No Knees. I still hate you. But congrats on the 14 & 7. And now I fully expect you to suck for the rest of the month. Or get hurt. Isn’t that how it always is?
- Almond… 4 points and 5 boards in 15 minutes is nice. 1-5 shooting isn’t.
- Kosta got in late (disappointing because he deserves more time) and played 6 minutes. In that time, he went 5-5 (!) for 10 points and pulled down 3 boards (2 offensive) and picked up a steal. Not a bad night for the rookie.
- Chris Bosh went 6-15 for 18 points. It took a 6-6 night from the line to get that though. Obviously not solid, but it seems that he settled for a couple jumpers too many. I’m not complaining though.
- The Jazz owned the boards (52-38), had more assists (31-23), shot a lot better (52% to 44%), drained an extra trey in 4 less attempts and had 6 fewer turnovers & 4 more steals. Domination throughout?
- A view from the Raptors side over at Raptors Republic. True quote from this review…
The Jazz are basketball’s version of porn…
Have to admit, I’ve never heard that before.
- Jermaine O’Neal went down last night. Again. Not sure, but if he’s injured, he really won’t be much help to the Raptors. At least, that’s how I see it. He’s like Booze in that regard, except that the Raptors don’t have to worry about JON jumping ship after the season.
- NBA Roundtable caught the game, and has his thoughts on it there.
The Jazz won the game. Then they caught a flight, headed to Phoenix, and got to their hotel around 2:30 AM. Which is great, because they have a game tonight at 7 PM MST. Just further proof that the NBA is run by idiots… how can you truly justify having a team play a late game one night (just because the wwl comes calling), and then another game the next night in a different city?